Play Rock-paper-scissors with Slack and PutsReq12 Oct 2014
Outgoing webhooks allows you to get data in and out of Slack in real time when someone send a message in a specific channel or with a trigger word.
Fork Rock-paper-scissors webhook
First, let’s fork the Rock-paper-scissors webhook on PutsReq.
- Open PutsReq Rock-paper-scissors
- Click on Fork
UPDATE: The link above is no longer available, PutsReq auto expires buckets without recent activity. Note to self: Use a gist next time.
- Copy your PutsReq URL, it will be used as your webhook URL in the next step
Add Rock-paper-scissors Outgoing webhook
- Access your Slack Services
- Click on Outgoing WebHooks
- Click on Add Outgoing Webhook
- Fill Channel: Any, Trigger Word(s): rock, scissors, paper and URL(s): your PutsReq URL.
- Click on Save
All set, now it's time to test it: